California Vaccine Bill

I can’t believe this is happening. Vaccines may be mandatory for all children that go to school. The mandatory part is what gets me. In the US, you should not have to be forced to vaccinate your child if they want to go to school. I personally think this is a big step by the government in the lives of US citizens. It’s the Disneyland measles outbreak that sparked this outcry.

edit: Sorry if this is too political. Go ahead and delete it if necessary.

I like Bill Mahr’s point of view on this:

I still don’t understand the problem here. Vaccination has been mandatory in Europe for a long time. So you rather have a non vaccinated child infect a whole class/school community? This is not political this is common sense. Sorry for the Rant.

People are stupid, even more so since everything on the internet must be true, and their smartphones do the thinking for them. Fear is a powerful tool, when mixed with ignorance it becomes disastrous. Welcome to what has become normal in America.

I like this quote from Rand Paul:

I think public awareness of how good vaccines are for kids, and how they are good for public health, is a great idea. … Do I ultimately think it is a good idea? Yeah. And so I had my (children’s vaccines) staggered over several months. I have heard of many tragic cases of walking, talking normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines. I’m not arguing vaccines are a bad idea. I think they are a good thing, but I think the parent should have some input. The state doesn’t own your children. Parents own the children. And it is an issue of freedom and public health.

I just don’t think it should be mandatory. That’s my argument.

So you want to be responsible for some kind of outbreak because you feel it’s up to you to decide? And this thing about vaccins causing mental disorders is really a load of bull. If that was true then half of Europe would already be affected. Well some politicians in Europe are retarded already but that has nothing to do with vaccins.

The problem with this is, 1) It’s an issue of self freedom, so yes in this mindset it shouldn’t be mandatory. 2) It’s a matter of public health, should non-vaccinated children be free to visit the same yards of those which are not of age to receive the same vaccines that those children’s parents intend to provide them? In a matter of public health, my belief is it needs to be mandatory for utilization of the public school systems, as well as public parks/event.s

I agree with both points but which one is more important. Your freedom or the fallout of an epidemic that cost society and healthcare a lot more.

I would hate to see us go backwards and trigger another medically induced concentration/detainment camps

I have been stuck with literally every vaccine known to man, to include Anthrax, Small Pox, and a few other exotics. Im still alive with no ill effects other than when exposed to those agents I did not become sick or die. I have seen thousands and thousands of others with the same thing done to them with side effects being VERY RARE. If you believe that the odds are high, then please never ride a shark in a thunderstorm in Alaska while being struck by lightning, the odds are about the same.

On the other hand the rule of making it only mandatory when people attend school is not good either. This is an all or nothing proposition. Everybody should get a mandatory vaccination or none should. If you start dividing people into groups you will get a lot of other problems.

To play devil’s advocate, why should the people with vaccinated children worry about someone who chose not to vaccinate their child? Their children have been vaccinated and therefore should have immunity, no? So really the only people at risk are those who chose to be at risk by not getting vaccinated, or vaccinating their children…

Hmm 1 in 100000000000000000.

Untrue, some vaccines have an age minimum to be provided. Those children are at a greater risk

Darwin awards anyone? In the end the problem will solve itself all non vaccinated will sooner or later die off.

So what about tourists?

There are no vaccination requirements for visitors to the United States.
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/united-states

That’s a good point. I’m no medical doctor or biochemist. Again, just playing devil’s advocate. There are clearly benefits to both sides. Its just a moral thing for a lot of people. Not having a say in something that affects them or their children will upset a lot of people.

It seems that is the same case for Europe.

http://www.traveldoctor.co.uk/europe.htm

Yeah it’s a moral thing. It’s taking up responsibility for protecting not only their children but also society.

Almost every thing is within 12 months. Minimum age is not really a concern. Interaction with possibly infected people isn’t really a factor yet.

And within that time, passive immunity is generally present so there is no need to worry…supposedly.

First World problems.