Economic Crisis and "them" Immigrants...

While I see that, a nation state is little more than a vast collection of individual houses, therefore the logic applies right up the chain…you can see why I struggle to form a firmly held view on that aspect though can’t you :slight_smile:

Yup. I don’t have any answers. Every time I think I’ve reached a conclusion I remember an opposing point of view and I’m left floundering again. I totally agree that the extreme use of propaganda at the moment is awe inspiring, though luckily it’s more easily countered in this day and age because we don’t have to rely on “them” for our access to world information any more. The rhetoric against Russia is a fine example of the absurdity of the situation at the moment.

On the plus side, we also have the opportunity to create parallel communities and economies now that can, to some extent, disengage with the traditional systems.

Oh yeah, good move shifting this off to another thread, the off topic thread was getting dangerously on topic. Can’t be having any of that funny business :slight_smile:

Did anyone mention this is a satire website, just like TheOnion.com?

Agreed thus my notion that it is easy to plant an opinion if you push it enough especially if you have the media behind you. The difficult thing is to maintain your own and uncorrupted opinions, not someone else’s to suit some sort of agenda.

Yup. I don’t have any answers. Every time I think I’ve reached a conclusion I remember an opposing point of view and I’m left floundering again. I totally agree that the extreme use of propaganda at the moment is awe inspiring, though luckily it’s more easily countered in this day and age because we don’t have to rely on “them” for our access to world information any more. The rhetoric against Russia is a fine example of the absurdity of the situation at the moment.

Yeah sadly the “mainstream” uses facebook and other sites as their “source of information” :slight_smile:

On the plus side, we also have the opportunity to create parallel communities and economies now that can, to some extent, disengage with the traditional systems.

Precisely and it’s already happening.

Oh yeah, good move shifting this off to another thread, the off topic thread was getting dangerously on topic. Can’t be having any of that funny business smile

HaHa yeah… this discussion was kinda off topic. I didn’t want to sidetrack the other thread. @tankjnr would probably log on and flag all the posts in his thread :slight_smile:

Yeah I think so. That’s why I said it’s probably a dup. Just happens that the post became the OP when I forked the discussion. Palindingthing was certainly not the reason for forking it. :wink:

I certainly interpreted this the wrong way the first time I read it.

If it can be done without putting people in cages. That kind of ■■■■ doesn’t have a place in 21st century and let’s face it, a half-billion-population state union loose collection of opportunist politicians whatever-the-■■■■-the-EU-is-these-days can afford to deal with the issue of perhaps a few million refugees in a proper way that doesn’t make them look like utter bigots. Not to mention violating all the nice human rights laws and treaties they spent years discussing, passing, and translating into 24 languages only to be forgotten when there is a “situation”.

Yes, I’m biased. Arghhhhh. Maybe I should go rant about scrypt.cc instead, should be better for my health.

Funny enough I just read the quote and was like WTF! :laughing:

As for EU or “European Community” and why that isn’t working. That’s simple, there is no “community” among the members “states”, it’s just business and love seeing the EU falling apart was never meant to last in the first place.

Some of em frankly didnt take that much bombing to get to the stone age…and others need to enter the glass age…but thats a whole other topic.

I do not mind immigration in general, as long as its done within the laws, but the “F!@# you, give me YOUR stuff, we have our own laws screw yours” crowd does not impress me . You want to move and assimilate into the culture you are moving to fine, but the existing culture should not walk on egg shells nor bend over backwards because you are offended, you moved here/there/wherever, remember?

As for the economic front…the retards that wanted 35USD an hour to press a button and 14 coffee breaks along with some help from the alphabet soup agencies and corrupt elected officials caused that.

^^^ Sickening.

same is happening here in Canada. Being an idiot is not a national thing -LOL.

Merkel should worry about them 1,300 tons of gold Germany “banked” with the FED after WWII which seem to be gone. €70 billion…poof, gone.

actually, ATCkit is innocent, I said that. :wink:

This guy stole my job…

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize it was yours.

Faaarting aliens… :stuck_out_tongue:

and he ate @bubmarks cat that he stole from someone

YOU!!! I’ve sent you a PM like eleventhy years ago…

LIES!!! there were no PM’s eleventhy years ago

My bad! You apparently replied a week ago :laughing:

I wish, I wish…