Gemini Goes Live

[And We’re Live

Cameron Winklevoss October 5th, 2015

We are excited to announce that Gemini has opened it’s doors to both individual and institutional customers. We have begun sending out invite codes so you can create and fund your account in preparation for trading, which officially begins on Thursday, October 8th at 9:30 AM EDT. If you haven’t done so already, you can request an invite code by clicking “Get Early Access” on the Gemini homepage.

Some of you may be wondering what we’ve been up to since we first announced our plans for Gemini on January 23, 2015. That’s a great question — we have been hard at work building the four pillars of our business: 1) Product, 2) Security, 3) Licensing and 4) Compliance.]1

Seems odd Cameron Winklevoss stated on January 23rd, 2015

Today, my brother Tyler and I are proud to announce Gemini: a next generation bitcoin exchange. What exactly do we mean by “next generation”? We mean a fully regulated, fully compliant, New York-based bitcoin exchange for both individuals and institutions alike. Why? Because it’s about time.

And now …Cameron Winklevoss October 5th, 2015
Gemini is statutorily exempt from being required to register with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”)*, a bureau of the U.S. Department of Treasury, because Gemini is a state chartered limited liability trust company.

It"s ALWAYS who you know!

And how you “word” things.

I am really excited to see how the exchange affects the overall Bitcoin communities. Good timing with the Cryptsy drama going on.

5000 LTC bet: Cryptsy will say someone from Gemeni cause the story to happen so they can scare users onto their platform. Payable $10 per week till paid off.

Both very true statements :smile: