GetHashing Challenge

EDIT Go figure… the forum software mangled this… so here’s what it was supposed to be: EDIT

Some of you have already met this challenge, but I wanted it to be it’s own thread so that it just isn’t a lost post…

I hereby challenge everyone to shed their fears and worries about how others might perceive you if they knew what you changed about your post.

Go to your preferences, and under Other check “Let other users view my post revisions”.

Picture:

Transparency starts with the first step.

Make that step.

EDIT2: If the forum fails to capture your edit/revision then I further challenge you to use "**edit**" to show the world what you’ve changed.

Don’t be afraid, be proud. Don’t be secretive, be open.

EDIT3: I’m a little tea pot, short and stout. Here is my HANDLE (@vancefox) Here is my STOUT (@miaviator) Pour me over and tip me out, what do you get but @cyberdexter’s butt! WOOOO MOD ABUSE HAS OCCURRED WHAT NOW?!!?

[SCAM] GAWMiners, Paybase, ZenCloud
XPY - Paycoin Discussion - GAW DAYS

Very nice!

One thing to bear in mind is that there is a 30 minute “ninja edit” window which allows for a post to be edited without the revision being stored. Also, once a post is older than 48 hours (I think) it can’t be edited. Finally, there is an option to mark a new topic as “wiki”. When a user marks a new topic as wiki everyone can edit it (forever) but all changes are stored to avoid foul play.

I’m with you. If someone wants to see my spelling blunders who am I to argue.

I have been able to edit posts 3 days back… and that’s why there was something that apparently didn’t make it… damn… I’ll edit #2 what I had before ANY edits… damn forum software… : P

Oh yeah you’re right. We changed that setting cause @Daffy hit all limits on his first day on the forum. Think he made a FAQ about something and then couldn’t edit it. So yeah, that option has been disabled due to the revision logs showing edits anyway.

Another cool feature is the ability to view deleted replies in a topic.

What if you happen to believe that transparency isn’t the universal force for good that many seem to think it is?

Besides, it’s simpler to just try not to say things you’ll regret later. Think twice, post once.

Does it store all revisions or just the original and the last one? I made three edits and can’t find how to see those interim versions.

Challenge accepted

I’m not sure. Might be the last edit only.

^^ this! I’m also a big fan of taking stuff to IM rather than “working it out” in public.

I like and love transparency but some folks put to much weight into it. My neighbor (pretty fit young lady) insist on closing her bathroom window when she’s using the shower. I told her that it’s outrageous and that I would like to see more transparency… specially in the shower curtain :laughing:

Pix or didn’t happen.

I second this.

And if you live by this and accept the challenge, I do believe you’ll never be able to be called a lier… that awful word that destroys your net credz, yo (but only for that handle it seems…)

Notice I said you’ll never be able to be called one… there will always be those that defy logic and sense, unfortunately.

See, this is where the window and curtain problem comes into play :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“vancefox, post:12, topic:626”]
And if you live by this and accept the challenge, I do believe you’ll never be able to be called a lier… that awful word that destroys your net credz, yo (but only for that handle it seems…)

Notice I said you’ll never be able to be called one… there will always be those that defy logic and sense, unfortunately.[/quote]

I accept the challenge as well btw but be warned, I Ninja edit each of my posts about 10 times instantly after posting (yeah I know proof reading rules) and sometimes I might edit on the next day when I realize the grammar massacre I’ve posted the night before.

So if you have nothing better to do, please do follow my edits. :laughing:

Done and done!

Now you all are super lucky. I usually write absolutely brilliant posts and responses and then edit it so I don’t look so damn intelligent. I guess everyone now gets to see my true brilliance…

proof… (didn’t show the Edit)

In general, I’m a fan of transparency as well, but I’m also in possession of some information that is, without a doubt, completely unfit for public consumption. Much of it I wish even I didn’t know. Transparency is not universally good, any more than secrets are universally bad. As with everything else, there is a balance to be struck.

I have always admitted my mistakes. As a human, I make them often. My post history here and on Hashtalk is a more than adequate display of my character. I would rather choose to be honest, and stand by that choice, than be threatened into honesty by a check box. People may believe what I have to say, or they may not, based on how I comport myself as a user, not based on how I’ve configured my profile.

Technology will never be a substitute for simply making the right choice.

Done, hope you like reading spelling mistakes and grammar correction.

sure why not…the only thing I have deleted so far was a picture of Justin Beiber’ head on a girls body…I was drinking and figured it was waaaaaayyyyy off topic in the xpy thread…LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Done here also. Great idea :slight_smile:

Challenge accepted. And setting activated.

I done did it 2 … <----- non edited XD~