GHcloud Beta v0.4 is Live!

We’re pleased to announce the launch of GHcloud Beta v0.4

With the release of this update the true power of GHcloud, and smart assets shall be revealed. GHX owners can now transfer, store and send their GHX (and other smart assets) on GHcloud which means that GHcoins are the first and only truly decentralized mining shares stored in LocalData on YOUR system and of course you’ll receive your daily payouts to your accounts too.

How-To create a color aware address on GHcloud

Creating one or several asset addresses on GHcloud is easy. Just follow the steps outlined below and if you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to leave a comment.

• Create a new BTC address in your GHwallet (you could use Assets as tag)
  • Copy your new BTC address
  • Browse to the new Assets page
  • Paste your BTC address into the asset address generator
  • Copy the generated asset address linked to your BTC address
  • You’re ready to go, send an asset to your new asset address
  • Backup your SALT and your private key!

We recommend to backup your salt again and the private key of your new address. Should you ever lose your salt you’ll be able to restore your BTC and asset address with your private key including your assets. You can also import your private key to Coinprism or into any other wallet that supports the open assets protocol.

How-To transfer an asset

By default only assets stored on GHcloud can be transferred via the network.

The balance of a transferable (local) asset is highlighted in yellow on the assets page. To transfer an asset simply click on the highlighted balance and follow the instructions in the transaction dialogue.

Please Note: Only transfer assets to another (open) asset address or color aware wallet such as Coinprism or another GHcloud user.

Miscellaneous Changes

Below a changelog and other misc changes in v0.4

GHwallet

• BTC addresses are now color aware
  • Display asset logo below address if address contains an asset
  • Misc changes to textual content of the page
  • Backup salt to file

GHcoin

• Ability to add remote asset addresses via settings as watch-only
  • Removed requirement to add asset address for local assets to settings
  • Various bug fixes
  • Misc changes to textual content of the page

GHpool

• Revamped page layout
  • Added pool workers and worker stats

GHfarm

• Added f2pool hashrate to graph
  • Added f2pool to current distribution widget
  • Removed unnecessary NiceHash data in graph
  • Misc textual changes to page content

Assets

• Added new page Assets
  • Assets stored in GHwallet display by default
  • Ability to add remote assets as watch-only addresses (Coinprism…)
  • Added asset address generator
  • Added QR code to address generator for BTC and asset address
  • Added asset management explanation
  • Added asset transfer capabilities

GHcloud v0.4 FAQ

Q: If I transfer GHX to GHcloud will I still receive my daily payouts
A: Yes. Dividends are paid to the address that contains your GHX at the time of payment. In this case your GHwallet.

Q: I cleared my cache, lost my laptop, my PC broke. Are my assets and Bitcoins gone?
A: No. As long as you’ve made a backup of your salt AND your private keys you can log-on to any system to restore your account or import your private keys to your bitcoin wallet (for BTC addresses) or Coinprism (for asset addresses) and you’re all good.

Q: What happens if the GH server gets hacked?
A: Nothing, we don’t store your data, we don’t hold your funds or assets in our hot wallets and therefore your data and accounts can be never compromised or exploited.

Q: I’m on GHcloud but I don’t see my assets or GHx info on the GHcoin page. Why?
A: Some data on GHcloud is only displayed if you have GHX in your GHwallet or if you’ve linked at least one asset address to your GHcloud account via the settings screen.

Q: I’ve refreshed GHcloud but I don’t see any changed. Do I have to clear my cache?
A: Try this link which will clear the server cache: http://cloud.gethashing.com/?refresh=true. If you still think something is wrong, let us know. :wink:

Changelog

• Bugfix for not loading GHcoin and Asset page. (v0.4.1)
  • Bugfix for missing asset information (v0.4.2)
  • Bugfix for too many transactions (v0.4.3)

More questions? Please comment below. It will help us creating a comprehensive GHcloud FAQ.

Such excite, much news… GetHashing! :wink:

Such WOW! :slight_smile:

Much Like! :slight_smile:

@keymaster is that all? :laughing:

everyone, tweet. tweet, tweet! :slight_smile:

Well the whole dev team [spoiler]2 people[/spoiler] worked months [spoiler]14 days[/spoiler] on this. And we had a complete tester team [spoiler]1 person[/spoiler] test the functionality.

To be fair, the credentials to the dev setup wasn’t shared with the beta testers :wink:

Edit: With all the excitement we forgot to mention that you can now backup your salt to a .txt file.

Already have all my GHX assets safe and sound in my salt and backed up. This is so incredibly cool. Great work guys! :smiley:

Awesome @Onalim and thank you! Don’t forget to backup your private key(s) as well. :wink:

I’m waiting for Beta v0.9 :wink:

LOL what for? :slight_smile:

With Microsoft you wait for v3.1 For Mac you wait for the 4th release, whatever they call it. With crypto wallets you wait for v0.9 because that version of the bitcoin wallet works great :wink:

In any event, I’m about to begin looking very closely at GH Cloud. However I’m probably only putting $20 into it to start with, I’m just naturally conservative that way until I’ve personally tried to break it.

You used a Microsoft OS before the famous Service Pack 2 is released? Never! :slight_smile:

In any event, I’m about to begin looking very closely at GH Cloud. However I’m probably only putting $20 into it to start with, I’m just naturally conservative that way until I’ve personally tried to break it.

Use it however you see fit. That’s what it’s there for :slight_smile:

I love you, in a completely non platonic way. Ya know because of all these features and stuff…

Is anyone having trouble with getting the GHCoin or Assets pages to load? I’ve imported my new salt which I backed up last night onto another machine this morning but the GHCoin and Assets pages won’t load. All the rest work fine and my salt import seems to have worked fine because the wallet page loads and all accounts are there and correct.

Could you try to add an asset address in the Settings and see if that clears it up?

You can access the settings button on the GHpool page

Just enter any btc or asset address in there.

Funny. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks @Daffy!

No not Funny a bug. Never mind will fix it in the next release.

Bugfix for the not loading of ghcoin and asset pages has been uploaded please clear cache and reload the page.

Just a heads up the graph and distributed hashrate on the GHfarm are not shown correctly because both antpool and f2pool API are not working correctly at the moment.