GHfarm - Batch 1 Relocation Updates

Good afternoon guys and gals.

Batch 1 has gone offline as previously announced at approximately 2:00 am UTC, August 11. The units have now officially entered their relocation phase and GHfarm is therefore hashing at 250 TH/s for the duration of the relocation. We’ll keep you all updated on the status of the relocation via this thread.

Important update on the previously announced burn process for GHX.

The team has decided (after speaking to a number of GHX bag holders) that we won’t go through the process of burning 25,000 GHX only to re-issue them again in approximately 2 weeks time.

As you all know we’re a small team and we’ve been swamped with work in the last weeks including the logistics of relocating the hardware, website development, ledger development and cloud updates. Not having to manage the burn process frees up time which is better spent on more important tasks.

We’ve also come to the conclusion that the members who had originally agreed to participate in the burn are also (to a large extent) those who made made GetHashing become a reality. It didn’t feel right to have you guys sitting on the sideline for the duration of the relocation.

We believe that the decision made is in the best interest of everyone including ourselves and our members. We’ll be effectively reduce the maintenance fee by 50% with tomorrow’s payout, the mining revenue however will be distributed across 50,000 shares.

GHfarm mining shift August 11th.

Originally batch 1 was scheduled to go offline at 10:00pm Hong Kong time, August 10th. The batch was however taken offline at approx 8:00am HK time, August 11th.

Due to the delay the batch went offline approx 2 hours prior to the last GHfarm shift ending which means that we’ll process a full day mining today and we’ll adjust the maintenance fee to reflect 22 hours of work / power consumption.

In addition, there was a short maintenance earlier today between noon and 3:00 pm UTC which will have a slight impact on tomorrow’s mining revenue.

Finally, the batch 1 hardware was configured in specific groups and pairs with Bitmain for our rentals on BetaRigs, NH/WH mining and co which means that we’ll require one additional maintenance in the next days for Bitmain to regroup B2 and update the port routing of those units.

Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions concerning the relocation in this thread. We’ll make sure to keep this topic updated.

Is it possible to visit the DC?
GHcoin Payouts & Discussion Thread - Old Thread
Our Ants are moving to their new home
GHcoin Payouts & Discussion Thread - Old Thread

thousands of replies… :laughing:

thinks we broke @cyberdexter…talking to himself now

Naa was just stunned that there was 0 replies that’s all. Think we must be doing something right or, nobody saw the update :slight_smile:

^^^^^
This is exciting stuff :smile:

you spammed multiply threads, I only responded to one of them :smile:

Besides…

Yeah but I thought we had more members than @ThePeddler and you :slight_smile:

[spoiler]…with 10,000 sign-ups per day and all…[/spoiler]

All sounds clear and concise to me :slight_smile:
Eagerly awaiting the next update…

No questions really… Already a lot of answers in your updates:) How long will it take? As long as it takes. Do you have the skills to pull it off? Yes you do. Where will they go? You can’t give specifics, but it’s secure and reliable, as we’ll see on the spray canned video;)

Questions that I do have are eg what complicates your great work, but sadly, you share that information without us having to ask for it;)

EDIT: and obviously, your decision on distribution of payouts is nothing but fair.

Well well sounds good then. We do our best to keep everyone in the loop and glad to hear that everyone agrees on us skipping the burn process.

How long will it take?

You already answered it but we’ll update with an estimate timeline as soon as Bitmain confirms shipping. We don’t know how long they will take to handle, box and ship the hardware but shouldn’t take them to long. Once we have the precise shipping date we’ll be able to narrow down the schedule for the hardware to come back online at the new DC.

Do you have the skills to pull it off?

Already done. It’s all set and paid for inc 217 new custom PSU’s, racks, hosting, shipping.

28 posts were split to a new topic: Is it possible to visit the DC?

@cyberdexter for sake of the argument, and to stretch the limits of PoE, let’s see what happens when we play devil’s advocate.

Half of the hashing power backing up the 50.000 GHX has allegedly been taken offline. Up until two days ago, payouts could be traced back to a hashing operation that is congruent with 500 TH/s. You are telling us this is a temporary thing: the 250 TH/s that is allegedly going to be moved to your relatively secret DC (don’t ask if you can visit it and see), and it will be back soon. We have your word.
Indeed, payouts have reduced by half. Almost half, really: payouts were suspiciously high for a 250 TH/s operation. That cushioned our pain: people were actually cheering about a payout that was half of what was expected.

But who has seen that physical miners are actually being shipped to Washington? A few insiders, maybe those who originally linked their inside knowledge to the proposed sacrifice of payouts; a gesture that was later retracted, because it would be ‘unfair’.

And we still applaud all of this, because we trust you. And you have a good story: lots of detail, sounds like a good reason to reduce payouts. We’d even keep believing you if something were to go wrong with bringing the second farm online.

Besides falling back to trust and words, is there any other way to proof that could be delivered, adding to the PoE?
It’s a bit difficult to proof that these miners aren’t currently hashing (and making a few individuals some nice coins). Or that they are ‘in transport’. Being configured as we speak… But maybe I’m not creative enough?

Not allegedly, effectively.

Up until two days ago, payouts could be traced back to a hashing operation that is congruent with 500 TH/s.

You can still track everything today only that you are now tracking 250 TH.

You are telling us this is a temporary thing: the 250 TH/s that is allegedly going to be moved to your relatively secret DC (don’t ask if you can visit it and see), and it will be back soon.

Wanting to visit the DC is not a common request. We’ve elaborated enough on that in this thread. Not sure where the notion originates from but it’s simply not a normal request. I don’t know of anyone who has requested Bitmain to visit their DC’s for walk-through tours because they own power (or actually bought full S5 units) on HashNest.

Indeed, payouts have reduced by half. Almost half, really: payouts were suspiciously high for a 250 TH/s operation. That cushioned our pain: people were actually cheering about a payout that was half of what was expected.

You should know that our payouts vary depending on where we’re mining. Yesterday’s payout was just fine. You can run the number on Bitcoinwisdom if you like or trace the addresses back to the origin of the payments eq Antpool, f2pool and Cryptsy /GHcoinex of the merge mined coins).

But who has seen that physical miners are actually being shipped to Washington? A few insiders, maybe those who originally linked their inside knowledge to the proposed sacrifice of payouts; a gesture that was later retracted, because it would be ‘unfair’.

How do you expect to “see” the hardware shipping? The hardware went offline on the 11th, today is the 13th and everyone will be seeing plenty of pictures soon as the hardware arrives in the US. So not sure how you expect us to share “something” that shows the hardware shipping. There is also no “insiders” that know more than anyone else on this forum. That’s not how we roll. If we have info to share or something to say we say it to everyone.

And we still applaud all of this, because we trust you. And you have a good story: lots of detail, sounds like a good reason to reduce payouts. We’d even keep believing you if something were to go wrong with bringing the second farm online.

It’s not “me” or “you”. I’m a member of the GHteam like every other member. We’ve spend 6 months to create (what we believe to be) one of the most transparent and community driven mining operations in the industry… at one point people will have to cut us some slack because for some things or tasks we just can’t pull some fancy proof-of-whatever out of the hat.

Sharing that link of the DC’s website yesterday was a mistake and a perfect example on how to much transparency isn’t appreciated and might even create FUD. Much amazed by this and had to spend over an hour in emails to sort this out.

Besides falling back to trust and words, is there any other way to proof that could be delivered, adding to the PoE?

What kind of other PoE? We’ve delivered for over 6 months on everything we’ve said what makes you think that this has changed? Like I said you’ll get your PoE that the hardware is in transit as soon as hit hits US soil.

It’s a bit difficult to proof that these miners aren’t currently hashing (and making a few individuals some nice coins). Or that they are ‘in transport’. Being configured as we speak… But maybe I’m not creative enough?

Well that’s FUD and they are not and if they were (which the don’t) then it would be outside of the hosting term our members paid for. However this is not the case and if this fudding continues I’ll ask @HashNest_Janet to pop into this thread to confirm.

AHH now we are having some fun :smile:

A good conspiracy theory is one that is difficult if not impossible to complete disprove.

how to do POE for such a monumental undertaking of unhooking, packaging, shipping, unboxing and rehooking so many S5’s. it is never as simple as it sounds. I suppose its possible to do POE of the move while its being done, but I would expect it to be prohibitively costly to do so. Still I suppose in the spirit of POE it might be possible to do a beyond reasonable doubt release of information proving that the move did take place. Bills of lading, customs manifests, broker releases of cargo and the like. depending on how they are moved there may even be tracking data.

I normally deal in massive bulk cargoes so my headaches in this arena are a lot less but I have done enough break bulk or packaged moves of cargo into the U.S. to know what a giant pain in the butt this represents and that does not even consider the taking offline and putting back online aspects that I am sure is a PITA. I am assuming the Regulatory side is well greased as Bitmain has shipped lots of miners in through the west coast over the last few years so at least customs officials and brokers are used to dealing with them now.

Unless we are all willing to pay thousands of dollars of added moving costs for surveyors and agents to track count and report in real time the move of the cargo POE while the move is going on is not realistic.

hashing has been reduced from 500 TH/s to 250 TH/s while the ants are moving but the maintenance fee has also been reduced. it will hurt the teams ability to be flexible without the extra hashing power during the move. but honestly any gain by saying its offline when its not offline would not really be worth it the grand scheme of things.

Had a bunch more to go on this but i got to get back to work so ill end with

I can only imagine the sheer amount of work involved in this move and wish the GHteam the best of luck

Our ants could be somewhere in there. More likely air freight with the shipping costs the team had to pay :smile:

-edit-
This was my order for 10,200 PH… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ve requested the shipping manifest with Bitmain and I’ve asked Janet to pop into this thread to confirm that B1 has gone effectively offline on the 11th and is currently being prepared for shipping.

It makes us look like noobs having to request this but I’ll do (almost) anything to give some folks a better peace if mind.

how to do POE for such a monumental undertaking of unhooking, packaging, shipping, unboxing and rehooking so many S5’s. it is never as simple as it sounds. I suppose its possible to do POE of the move while its being done, but I would expect it to be prohibitively costly to do so. Still I suppose in the spirit of POE it might be possible to do a beyond reasonable doubt release of information proving that the move did take place. Bills of lading, customs manifests, broker releases of cargo and the like. depending on how they are moved there may even be tracking data.

Yes point is still that the hardware has gone offline only 2 days ago so it’s still being handled and hasn’t shipped yet. It’s not like we have someone on site to take pictures but I suppose if the community pays for it I could fly over and do that.

@cyberdexter I do hope you understand I was writing a ‘for the sake of the argument’ rant. Obviously I do not think in any way you’re faking anything… And I just love all the things you’ve been doing, as I’m sure I’ve been saying often enough to be believed. Just to get that out of the way.

Though I am a bit conflicted. I don’t think migrations are as uncommon as we sometimes want them to be, so it’s a pity they apparently have to be outside the scope of the PoE. In addition, I’m not sure why I am supposed to feel bad about bringing up the fact that somebody could argue that migrations require faith.

@aspa I know you did and it’s okay I was just elaborating on it. I know you did mean no harm since you started your post accordingly.

@InsaneMiner

I can only imagine the sheer amount of work involved in this move and wish the GHteam the best of luck

Good you mentioned this because I meant to elaborate on that anyway. I think some of our members might not see the work involved but also the massive extra cost we had to put up to move this batch. It would make us the only ponzi actually investing into their scheme instead of pulling out the money.

So let’s do a quick assessment. GH is (usually) collecting $650 per day in maintenance fees for a total of 500 TH/s or approx $62,000 every 90 days (per hosting term).

B2 was recently extended for another 90 days with Bitmain at a cost in excess of $28,000 (and something) dollar. Our new server racks for the US location cost us approx $2,700, our custom PSUs with breakout boards cost us a little less than $9,000, the shipping cost us over $7,500 and we’ve paid the new DC over $36,000. (Edit: and our infrastructure doesn’t come for free either.)

Now one doesn’t have to be a genius on adding up those numbers. I wonder what people think where the excess funds are coming from? From us, the GHteam. We’ve invested an additional $25,000 into the company to make the move even a possibility because there would be no way we could move the hardware to the US just on the sum collected in fees.

What we could have done is, we could have told everyone that we need an extra $25,000 and therefore suspend payouts like other sites do it. But we didn’t.

Maybe this shows why I’m very much on the edge FUD wise. Because we all work to hard and we’ve all invested to much time and money to put up with FUD.

It’s impressive…! And like many of the things you’re doing either never done before our never done this way.

Would there perhaps be an opportunity here to start claiming your achievements? Would be good for getting recognition, and perhaps building value for the Corp…?

• you’ve commoditized trustless mining
  • you’re offering services for those who want to trust but verify
  • you’re managing an infrastructure that enables others to offer secure, transparent and verifiable services

If you’re applying the service design techniques such as customer journeys, you’re actually unique in your capability of offering an excellent experience to everybody by demonstrating your ants are taken offline, are shipped, have arrived, etc. That’s not the hard part, that’s bringing it home, and you should claim and own that uniqueness!