LOL Nobody beats the Irish!

Ecstasy, ketamine and meth legal in Ireland until tomorrow

A bizarre loophole has made some Class A drugs legal for 24 hours in the country

Ireland’s community of ravers has been thrown a “go for it” by the government, with news that the voiding of a law has accidentally made some Class A drugs including ecstasy, ketamine and crystal meth legal. However, according to the Irish Examiner, Irish parliament is to hold an emergency meeting tonight and is expected to make the drugs illegal again tomorrow morning.

The reason for the temporary legalization is that the Court of Appeal ruled that the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977 as void this morning, because some additions to the law haven’t gone through Irish parliament.

Despite a flurry of emergency meetings, getting things through any legislative body takes a little bit of time. That means that Ireland is currently a free-for-all for anyone who likes indulging in that kind of thing. If you got caught with loads of pills, it’s our understanding that you don’t fall foul of the law. (On a totally unrelated note: any good parties happening in Dublin tonight?)

What’s happening in Ireland right now may seem strange, but Nick Clegg actually wants to decriminalise all drugs in Britain on a permanent basis. Until then, you have about 24 hours to head over to Ireland and enjoy it while it lasts.

(h/t FACT)

“Price” will be preclusive. Immediate demand will just shoot the price sky-high (no pun intended), and there will be a large number of “dealers” who are probably going to become very wealthy, very quickly in the interim. LMAO

Whenever I hear things like this I think “Give them the illusion of freedom & they’ll take enough rope to hang themselves” so rather than Dublin I think a nice safe trip to Amsterdam will work just fine for me :wink:

Meanwhile, since selling is still illegal, police will pressure the casual experimenters to flip on the dealers. I predict a rise in arrests.

Pretty much yeah. I’m pretty sure that “the Lads” in Amsterdam have already but their Couriers on any flights to Ireland. Guess you just have to declare it at Customs but should be fine :laughing:

[quote=“astro, post:4, topic:1915, full:true”]
Meanwhile, since selling is still illegal, police will pressure the casual experimenters to flip on the dealers. I predict a rise in arrests.[/quote]

Yeah but possession and transfer is not illegal. The “intend to sell” would have to be proven or, they bang you up for 24 hours so by the time you’re processed it’s illegal again and you’re screwed.

Anyway, what a loophole

In honor of the Irish, I brought back an old friend for the day :smile:

The luck of the Irish…

damn…