"Other" investments

If this is not in conformity to this forum I have no problem if it is deleted, moved or moderated in any form :smile:

Hello folks…I was hoping to talk about other investments outside of crypto. I love to hear and learn about what people are doing in real life to get a leg up.

I am hoping we can talk about all things, not just a place to park your money for a return. We can talk about places to park your money too.

I am more of a blue collar guy and I have had a couple businesses mostly based around transportation. Think large trucks…I know my reputation suggest something from “The Transporter” or any other Jason Statham movie…OK OK just kidding.

Lets talk about the things you are passionate about outside of crypto that have the potential to be an investment. Investments can include your strong back and bad ass tool set.

Burgers and Burger Joints with beer, wine and spirits

People got to eat…burgers is a proven success every time…its hard to “F” up a burger. are you conseidering a burger joint for real tank? that would be awesome

I had a car detail business when I was in my early twenties. I built that business on pure hustle. My uncle had a landscape business and kept all his trucks and equipment in a warehouse at the local industrial park. My cousin and I talked him into letting us use the warehouse when all his trucks where out and about during the day.

I just walked from business to business offering a $20 wash and wax for first time customers. With in 2 months I had about 100 regular customers most of which where on a weekly schedule. I would pick up their cars and do my thing and return them to their place of business…It was a perfect model because people did not have to go and get the service I offered, I came to them and was still able to offer a quality job that you get from a brick and motor store rather than a limited mobile detailer. Some of the mobil guys where good but they had nothing on me in quality and volume.

I knew nothing about the ins and outs of detailing cars for a business but I had a drive like no other and made it work learning the whole way. I was able to get a wholesale account with “Mothers” carts products to keep my supply cost down. It helped a bunch to that Mothers was just down the street from my shop.

I regret giving up on that business but I was young and my uncle screwed me over and tried to steel my business. He seen how successful my cousin and I where and he locked us out of the warehouse and hired some lames to wash our customers cars. I had to break in to the warehouse and get my customer list. I was so pissed I just told all my customers that I no longer have access to that building and I would not recommend the people that are there now. My uncle was even using all my equipment…I thought about burning the place to the ground…anyway…I consider that business a success even though it ended the way it did…I busted my ass and customers where happy with what they got. It was growing like crazy and in Southern California a good auto detail business can’t help but succeed.

I am currently looking into real estate …I have just started this journey so not much to say about it yet…I will tell some trucking business stories in a few…Later follks

I always said Burgers make money. It’s just a proven fact and there is demand for Burgers (or Pizza) pretty much everywhere in the world. But that’s not so much an investment, more of a business and unless you own it, it’s a shitty job :slight_smile:

One of my other “investments” is poker. It’s a game of skill and absolutely beatable if you follow the rules. Pretty much like trading, You can’t force your will on the market and neither can you force your will on the cards. You can force it on your opponent at times but for that you need to have the odds to justify making the move. Poker is very much about knowing your stakes, your odds (pot odds, hand odds), equity and stack size. Throw in some good bankroll management and you’re on your way to become a “winning player”.

Apart from that I buy, sell, flip, build up and flip pretty much anything that doesn’t go against my principles and do some consulting in iGaming, I’ve been playing with the idea of getting myself a little gold reserve but to be honest, Bitcoin has become my gold. :wink:

I just placed an order for a 3D Printer…super excited about it! BTC afforded me the opportunity to make the purchase, something I have been wanting for a while. I am an Industrial Designer, so I like to make things. And “things” is exactly that…anything. I do freelance work a lot, so this will give me an opportunity to offer enhanced services…gotta make money in the fiat world as well!

I have plans to purchase a CNC router by mid summer and a laser cutter this fall. I want to be able to be a one stop industrial design shop…hopefully all built with crypto!

I want to test how 3D printed QR codes work out. If they are a success, do you know what that means? We can make our BTC wallets into pretty much anything. All you need is the private key printed, keep the private key to ourselves. Soon™.

Now, waiting for the printer to be delivered is a fair bit of agony…2 weeks, 6 days left. So, in the future, if anyone wants anything printed I’ll do it for the cost of the plastic and the cost of shipping.

I aimed to put 15-25% of my weekly BTC payouts (when times were better) into precious metals. The majority in silver OZ bars and a few grams of gold mixed in every once in a while. I wanted to make sure I converted some of my earnings into something a little more secure, to ensure I always had some take home money while still having the potential for that income to increase as the years passed (hopefully).

Plus it is another interesting investment tool

Nice a 3D printer. How much did you pay for it?

I want to test how 3D printed QR codes work out. If they are a success, do you know what that means? We can make our BTC wallets into pretty much anything. All you need is the private key printed, keep the private key to ourselves.

You could BIP38 encrypt the keys as well then it wouldn’t be a problem sending you both keys for a two-sided wallet. People just need to check first if their local wallet supports the import of a BIP38 encrypted private key. The default BTC qt doesn’t.

Anyway I love that idea, I’m definitely getting a wallet done by you, Hit me up once you’re setup :slight_smile:

Soon™.

Different address, this house doesn’t have soon at the door :stuck_out_tongue:

I aimed to put 15-25% of my weekly BTC payouts (when times were better) into precious metals. The majority in silver OZ bars and a few grams of gold mixed in every once in a while. I wanted to make sure I converted some of my earnings into something a little more secure, to ensure I always had some take home money while still having the potential for that income to increase as the years passed (hopefully).

I guess I should have done that too but I went for LTCG on Black Friday and CyberMonday…

…aaaaand gone. :laughing:

I still work with silver and do a little firearm repair on the side, once I gather up the cash to buy my own place and equipment I will start building farmhouse furniture for people. The .gov wont let me have a real job, or go to school, they are 'fraid someone may get hurt.

Simple food businesses are hard to mess up…just control your costs and provide a quality product you got it made. Like I said People got to eat! :relaxed:

That is really cool…I have always been interested in what a 3D printer could do. I guess just limited by imagination. Please keep us in the loop wit projects you have using the printer.

Well…look at you avatar…LOL…I’m scared too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What exactly does farmhouse furniture look like…I would love to see some examples…I used to be a furniture mover so if your business takes off I would like first right of refusal to distribute your stuff…OK…OK

The stuff movers hate, VERY heavy, but lasts forever. The last large table I made was 6’x13’ and weighed in excess of 900lb and was Black Jack Oak.

I used to love this stuff as a mover…solid and sturdy…no worries…now Ikea stuff…I thought that should be against the law.

This reminds me of Thomas brand or Ethan Allen. Those where/are nice solid furniture. I still have about 200 moving blankets taking up space in my garage. I can put 30K Lbs of this stuff in a 48ft. moving van no problem!

Looks nice. I might have to ship you a coffee table my dog ate the corners off…I think it can be repaired but thats not my arena.

Cant do it ATM, no work space. Be moving to a house with a garage soon™.

Here is the corner with the offender in question…LOL…I can wait, its been like this for a few months so I am not in a hurry!. Two corners are like this and the whole table needs some TLC to restore it to its former glory.

he routed edges are attached separate…it not a solid piece

I love the set on the left. One thing I love about Spain is that a lot of the furniture is still made of solid wood and rather “land house” style. Nice one :+1:

@DirtFighter looks like someone was bored :slight_smile:

Yea…she ate it when she was a pup. I was so pissed but she is so cute it’s hard to be mad…I know I’m such a sucker!

HaHa I hear you. Blacky is the same. She doesn’t chew on the furniture or anything but she loves slowly sneaking into the bedroom to stretch out on the bed. when you catch her she goes all belly up and smiles and does cute stuff so you can’t really get mad at her :laughing:

oops, off topic my bad

That wouldn’t be to hard to fix if you can match the wood, or use a darker one for accent, pop off the routed strips and replace, then re-sand and wax/urethane.

cryptochips.net has had some success with physical QR codes. I’m told they work quite well. Hopefully they’ll work as well with your shiny new printer. :smile:

I built myself a farmhouse-style table awhile back. Lots of fun, and only cost me $250 in materials for something the stores want $1500 for. Your work is beautiful. :smile:

Thats not my work, just examples, I havent been able to build for a while, no workspace, once I get a workspace and another Shopsmith I can get back into production. The last one I did was for a friend with a garage and basic tools but no idea how to joint/mortise-tenon/dovetail. :slight_smile: