Question about S5 deployed at Hashnest

Hi,

I just bought an S5 under Hashnest’s ‘Purchase Miner Converted to Hashrate.’ After it’s deployed I would like to rent out its hashrate at nicehash instead of pointing it to Antpool, the default. Do you think Hashnest will let me do that?

best

Boyd

I think they actually ship them to you don’t they?

afaik, no, there is no way to point HashNest hashing power anywhere but Antpool.

edit: btw, that’s one of the primary benefits of GHX over Antpool. It’s the same hardware backing it, but we get our own personal slaves: @cyberdexter @nemesio (erm, I mean, valuable managers) to run them and point them wherever is most profitable.

I probably misunderstood. I thought it was meant that he had hashing power he was going to trade out for hardware and I know they ship those to you.

Hi,

Are y’all’s S5s living in China with Hashnest?

TIA!!!

Boyd

I’m not with GH, I just spend too much time here. I can’t remember where the farm is located, it may be in one of the threads somewhere.

Also, what’s TIA?

Hi, it’s Thanks in advance. Also, thank you for replying.

They’re located in Beijing I believe

Thank you.

yes its my understanding that until the hardwear phisically ships to you, you can ONLY use Antpool for Bitmain/Hashnest hashing powers

Thanks, I wonder how GetHashing set up their hosted rigs.

They’re connected like the mafia LOL j/k j/k

They must be! :smiley:

They purchased from Bitmain and have it hosted from _____. It’s not the same as when you buy it on HashNest.

Gotcha.

Indeed, just look at Slush for today :wink:

I just bought an S5 under Hashnest’s ‘Purchase Miner Converted to Hashrate.’ After it’s deployed I would like to rent out its hashrate at nicehash instead of pointing it to Antpool, the default. Do you think Hashnest will let me do that?

No. At one point miner link was meant to be released which should allow people to control their power but that hasn’t happened yet.

Btw Boyd, I don’t think that you would want to point your power at NiceHash. Not at the current avg rate anyway which is around -8% of what you would mine at 100% pool luck. If anything then now is a good time to rent some power on NiceHash to mine a good pool. If you pick the right pool and it hits ~100% pool luck you’ll make a plus.

You are wise. If I had half a brain I’d be trying to buy more GHX. Thank you for what you wrote.

Thanks Boyd. it’s not really being wise. I’m just all over the different pools every day so I kinda notice the rates, block finders and so on. even if you spend all day on it picking pools is still pretty much predicting and hoping for the best. Thus renting out your power isn’t a bad idea, if the rates are right. Unfortunately with BTC bellow $230 the rates are down too. NH is below the avg atm and BetaRigs has come was down in price too with all the rig owners racing for the best price in an effort to snatch the customers.

We have custom proxies that we have written to be able to both partition off our power and also to sell our power at the mining rental sites :slight_smile: