Sending to Ghcloud wallet from non color aware wallet.

Am I safe to send to my ghcloud wallet from a non color aware wallet? and vice versa? Only want to send receive btc not assets.

yeah, it operates as any normal wallet in all other respects

Make sure you can access the private keys on ghcloud this is the test to see if you can authenticate to get to that specific address. If you can’t access the private keys DO NOT send anything to the ghcloud address.

Thanks. So no worries about my assets if I decide to send and receive btc to the ghcloud address.

Yes I have access to the priv keys.

Thank you again.

If the assets are stored in GHcloud NO no worries at all that is a color aware wallet. For other wallets you need to make sure not to send the 600 satoshis dust.

Thank you @daffy

Yes you are good to send and transfer coins and assets in and out of GHcloud as you please. Just don’t send your balance to a non-color aware wallet if the address contains assets.

Side note, as you know GHcloud addresses are very secure since the key to sign transactions is generated on the fly from your salt when you do sign a transaction and thus the private keys are never revealed. However, something to bear in mind is that the same doesn’t apply for imported private keys depending on where you’ve imported the key from.

For example, if you import a private key from Coinprism and (let’s assume) their servers ever get hacked that particular key could be compromised on their end. Thus I don’t import any “3rd party” keys to my GHcloud.

Huh? The imported private keys are stored encrypted with the same seed and any other information you choose to add that is used to create the native ones.

Well to be fair coinprism keys are also stored encrypted. And it’s perfectly safe to import any sort of key in ghcloud as they are also stored encrypted.

I have my coinprism keys in ghcloud and in a core wallet for testing.

Well to be fair coinprism keys are also stored encrypted. And it’s perfectly safe to import any sort of key in ghcloud as they are also stored encrypted.

I was using Coinprism as an example for a “3rd party” address. Could be from any site that allows you to export your keys. The notion was that “anything” could happen with a private key that was exported from such a 3rd party site. Thus I don’t import those keys and neither would I import a exported GHcloud private key to another 3rd party site.