This is funky

Maybe this sounds silly but I just realized that we’ve basically crated our own micro economy over the last two months since the forum first launched.

GHX and the Assets & Funds category are pretty impressive for such a young community. It’s kinda amazing.

:clap: :slight_smile:

I agree! I’m finishing working up my asset, just ironing out the staking and other income streams to see what I should start batch 1 out at.

Good luck with it, looking forward to see it :wink:

Your team did an excellent job of planning and tool selection. I was able to sell a little bit today to test the waters & you have effectively implemented a “Marketplace” without any fees. When you do it right the first time, everything falls into place easily. Congrats & many thanks for lighting the way!

GetHashing is a great representation of true innovation. An example of what can be achieved when people put down their differences and work toward a common goal. I am truly blown away on a daily basis from the ideas that members have come up with regarding colored coins. I believe the post by @thepeddler with the “hot potato” Coin of Shame is brilliant and truly original. There is much talent and motivation in this forum. I see it as a great positive for the crypto world, but can also see other operations being threatened by the sheer pace of innovation. I would hope they see the threat and aim to improve upon it to help further progress cryptos.

The forum is also very welcoming which invites new members and new ideas. The innovation has the very real possibility of increasing on and upwards, exponential curve…great ideas, much excitement…word travels fast.

Thanks UnbornZ. But, it’s “the” team, it’s not mine I’m just a part of it. Maybe the most vocal but let me assure you everyone on the team has been working very hard. I’m glad to have met such a great bunch of guys and we’re a great team. :slight_smile:

[quote=“mharter, post:5, topic:1614”]
GetHashing is a great representation of true innovation. An example of what can be achieved when people put down their differences and work toward a common goal. I am truly blown away on a daily basis from the ideas that members have come up with regarding colored coins.[/quote]

See, the funny part is that colored coins or smart assets are nothing new. The open assets protocol has been around for a while but it’s simply not used enough or doesn’t get enough exposure. Everyone always feels the urge to launch a new coin, be better than bitcoin even “replace bitcoin”. Basically do anything to avoid building on top of the BTC blockchain or contributing to BTC itself. However, there is nothing wrong with BTC. It has the largest market cap, the broadest adoption of all coins and it’s the root of cryptocurrencies. Building on top of it instead of “trying” to reinvent the wheel only makes sense.

I believe the post by @thepeddler with the “hot potato” Coin of Shame is brilliant and truly original. There is much talent and motivation in this forum

I love the coin of shame. It’s a great raffle / give-away. Still think that we need a new category for raffles, charities or “crypto games”.

I see it as a great positive for the crypto world, but can also see other operations being threatened by the sheer pace of innovation. I would hope they see the threat and aim to improve upon it to help further progress cryptos.

Again, we’re not doing anything new. We’re “just” building on top of the BTC blockchain with technologies that have been around for at least one year. The ignorance and desire to be better and to compete with BTC is what blocks true innovation in Crypto.

It should be interesting to see how it works out!
Also i’m bringing out a weekly raffle later today to start adding to the GIVER payouts.

I’m all for a new category to help folks easily find giveaways to participate in, as well as encouraging others to try their hand at hosting giveaways themselves :+1:

I do understand that very well, sorry, should have been more careful with my words. Hat tip to everyone who shared in building this project!

I do often describe a good team as a collective w/ each member taking ownership rather than a football style coach & players being told what to do. I’m clear there’s no one person cracking the whip or anything like that here, and that’s the way it should be.

:Nothing to be sorry about, just wanted to point it out. :slight_smile:

Without @AnimoEsto, @nemesio, @Daffy, @jakez, @MadMacs, @Viturrex, @volder, @wpstudio there would be no GetHashing. Not to forget @tankjnr, @InsaneMiner, @Redacted, @sburn, and everyone else who put their confidence and trust in us to actually make GetHashing a reality.

Everyone in this community has contributed to the success of batch 1 and GHX and we’re very well aware of it and for me personally it’s one of the most exciting projects I’ve been a part of in years.