True Decentralisation

@keymaster i cant work the categories on an ipad

Ok so we have seen many, many, many, many instances of coins and companies not really having the customers central to the experience of crypto currency.

I see everywhere people wanting to uphold decentrailsation but really, what is that. The github always makes it central. Who ever controls the code, controls the coins.

So how do we make a blockchain, ignore coins and money, that is controlled by not one group. The size of the wallet has no impact. How do we break up the functions of the devs to ensure no one controls anything.

I am sick of seeing premines, im sick of seeing pumpers and dumpers… Is there a way to make it less controlled by the idea person?

My brain instantly veered towards source controlled by a “SVN on the blockchain” implementation with voting to accept pull requests… It’s certainly an interesting topic. There are already several decentralised exchange initiatives so why not?

Holy â– â– â– â–  this is the longest @tankjnr post I have ever seen. Must be serious!
Great points though. I agree. :+1:

I’ve sorted that one out for you :slight_smile:

I see everywhere people wanting to uphold decentrailsation but really, what is that. The github always makes it central. Who ever controls the code, controls the coins.

I see your point but that’s only accurate to some extend. Once a coin has been released and nodes are being deployed and the source is pushed to github the coin is basically public domain. The nodes make it decentralized and the owners/users of ANY of those coins can in theory fork the coin at any time if they disagree with the development or the progress (or no progress) of that coin. The source being pushed to github makes it easy to fork the repository to a new branch and if coin X has the majority consent of the community (and node operators / wallet stakers) it can be taken over at any time for the better or the worse.

So how do we make a blockchain, ignore coins and money, that is controlled by not one group. The size of the wallet has no impact. How do we break up the functions of the devs to ensure no one controls anything.

We have to separate those points. Are we talking about building an app or some other tech on top of the blockchain protocoal (“ignore coins and money”) or are we talking about what would be needed to launch a truly decentralized coin which means no pre-mine, no fancy prime controllers (or masternodes) and so on. A decentralized application build on the blockchain protocol could be developed and launched at any time. For a coin you’d simply need a genuine and honest developer like @syntaks for example who simple wont pre-mine or screw the supporters of the coin over.

I am sick of seeing premines, im sick of seeing pumpers and dumpers… Is there a way to make it less controlled by the idea person?

Tell me about it. Yes there is a way, a “fair” coin launch without an ICO or pre-mine. But again we’re talking coins and you know how I feel about the majority of alternate coins. Very few should actually exist imho and instead of pounding my head around another altcoin I’d rather spend that time to think about what could be build on top of the BTC blockchain which imho is decentralized even if the market makers keep manipulating the price.

Now, GHcloud is close to being truly decentralized. If you look at it the only parts which are hosted and thus are under GetHashing’s control is the source code of the browser based GHcloud UI. The wallet service is already decentralized and stored in the users browser which makes GHwallet more of a “local wallet” entirely under the users control inc all keys and GHX are basically decentralized mining shares which can be freely transferred to any colour aware wallet. This might not be to clear at this point because of the lack of colour aware wallets but the bottom line is that GH is (to the largest extend) already decentralized and cloud based.

The question is where do we go from here?

I’ve been toying with SuperNet. It has multiple core coins. At this time, it seems to be the most advanced decentralised trustless crypto eco-system. It’s a bit complicated to read about all the parts that form the “union of coins which have unique functions” - as i like to call them. I kinda wish that NeosCoin and NuBits would become part of the SuperNet family.
Within Supernet family, i believe that BitcoinDark (BTCD) is the most useful coin…actually, i think it may be the most useful crypto coin of all 545+ that exist. It does everything DarkCoin (aka: DASH) does plus it does more and you get 5% POS plus revenue from other assets within the SuperNet family.
BTCD might just be the best “value investment” going…but not many know about it as the SuperNet family does little to no promotion of their family. They prefer slow growth by word of mouth.